Pages

Here I am

Maybe right now my journey is all about me.
Maybe this is the season I am being challenged to be my own savior,
to be my own safe place.
Maybe right now I am being reminded,
that the people who walked away were only ever leading me back to myself,
were only ever leading me here.
And here, I am okay on my own.
Here, I am rebuilding.
Here, I am adapting, and mending,
and reclaiming all of the pieces I let them walk away with.
Here, I am being kinder my soul,
I am giving myself the same kind of love I have always given to others.
Here, I am not rushing my heart,
I am not depending on another human being to fix it.
Instead, here, I am doing that on my own.
Here, I am healing.




I have endured, I have been broken, I have known hardship, I have lost myself.
But here I stand, still moving forward, growing stronger every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment